Thursday 31 October 2013

Research

In this post, I came up with a few ideas to improve the council building, which are:

A patio in the free area with architectural designed chairs for people to sit, read, relax or eat on. With this I found some designs of chairs and patio layouts, which can be seen below.

The second idea I had, was to have an area for people of any age to have a game of mini putt putt. I did have one concern if the golf ball would damage the property of the council building or the library. Below I found images of different mini putt putt areas.

My third idea, was along the lines of having a water fountain, but one where people could interact with it, like a sound fountain. When I visited Dubai, in the hotel they had a fountain that responded to music and would spit out water with each tone. I thought this would be great for people to interact with by playing different music and seeing the water respond. Below are some images of the water fountain from the hotel and some others.


Chair and Patio images:














Mini Putt Putt images:








Water Fountain images:







I quite like the idea of having the water fountain, but I will definitely look into all the ideas and come up with the best idea and solution to improve the council building.

No comments:

Post a Comment