Monday 11 November 2013

Sketches 2

In this post, I was thinking about my ideas, the mini putt putt idea, the sound fountain idea and the chair and patio idea. I like the sound fountain and chair and patio idea, but I am not sure about the mini putt putt idea. I think it was a good idea to have something that would involve the community and bring people to the council building, however, there is too many problems with this, like the fact that people could cause damage to the council and library. So due to this I am eliminating this idea and looking more into the other two ideas.


Also in this post, I looked at the layout of the Tea Tree Gully council building, created on Illustrator.
Below is the current layout of the building without my changes to it:



The sketch is quite rough and from this you can see how large the free space is. Also there is a lot of trees in this area. This may be a problem as for my idea the trees in the free space may need to be taken away which the council may not want. Another problem with having the large amount of trees, it may block the view of Civic Park, which may be problematic for people who want to see a view of the park.
Below is the layout of the building with my changes to it:







Here I have included the patio with the sound fountain, chairs and tables. However, it is quite rough and the patio looks quite large in the area. I think this is a good idea as it allows people to interact with the sound fountain as well as sit and relax, or even eat or read.

I will continue to look more into this idea and looking at different layouts for the sound fountain. I will also look at doing a better sketch of the building and my changes, that is both detailed and to scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment